| One Day Cookery Course
Cretan traditional Mediterranean food Cooking Course
and open food Market visit
Learn to cook in the private kitchen of the cook’s home right in the centre of the city of Heraklion and cook traditional Cretan dishes from the region with fun and friendly hosts George or Irene who are passionate about cooking and Cretan culture using meats / fish and fresh vegetables from the open food market for a unique cooking holiday experience in Heraklion – Crete. Join us to cook a typical Cretan menu, based on the casserole food the called "mageirefta" and "ladera" (cooked in casserole with olive oil food) Several kind as wild greens in pot with olive oil called tsigarista, fresh green beans and broad beans are a few of the cooking menu items and will be accompanied with copious amounts of pure, homemade local wine. on this half-day cookery course that promises not just a culinary but also a cultural experience as your class starts with a visit to the days Heraklion open food market
Tour is available 6 days a week (Mon – Sat)
Min 2 people, Max 10 people
Talos Heraklion shopping center in front of eastern entrance stairs
This activity is on a "join in" basis
- From 10:00 am to14:30 pm: 4,5 hour cooking course with a 3 to 4 course lunch in a private home in Heraklion
- Lunch with your host,
Once the menu is ready, you and your fellow would-be cooks will sit down with your host to enjoy the delicious Cretan food you have prepared, accompanied by a glass of Local wine.
4 ½ hour cookery lesson with George or Irene
The use of an apron during your class
The meal you've cooked with local wine
Walking tour of Heraklion open food market with your host
- Suitable for all levels of cooking experience from beginners to advanced
- Minimum age 12, under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
- Lessons will be taught in English
One Day Cretan Cooking Class Start Days
- Classes run on selected dates throughout the year
- There is 1 class per day (excluding Tuesday and Sunday) starting in the morning with a market visit
- Morning market visits are on Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri and Sat
Vegetarian or have food allergies?
- Vegetarian and allergy requests are welcome, please enter details during the booking process
- Dishes are approachable and easy to replicate in your home country,
- Guests are supplied with detailed recipe booklets that are theirs to keep.
- We shop daily for our groceries so the ingredients are seasonal and fresh.
SOLO TRAVELERS CAN BOOK THE TOUR ON PRIVATE - TAILOR MADE BY PAYING THE COST OF TWO PERSONS.
When you book , reserve space for two persons.
PORTO CLUB Travel services:
Contact: Tel: 0030 2815 002754 – 0030 2810 317358 Cell: 0030 6975 735774